Author Topic: Cole returning in second son?  (Read 3377 times)

Viggorrah

• View Profile
Re: Cole returning in second son?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:31 AM »
MichelM has responded to this by stating, that iSS is a new origin story and a new story arc in the inFAMOUS universe. So, no Cole and I'm happy with that.
We know..

Sly is AWESOME!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »
We know..
Then why are people talking about the lightning strike?   ???

Sorry, but at such rush hour for threads, one simply doesn't have the time to read them all.

"You are not in control!" "Everything is connected. Connection is power."

Viggorrah

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »
Then why are people talking about the lightning strike?   ???

Sorry, but at such rush hour for threads, one simply doesn't have the time to read them all.
Because we were replying to the guy who just asked about it. It's on the last page. It doesn't take that long to find.

riddle me this SPP if Cole is dead then what was that lightning strike at the end of If2
You can post your thoughts as well.

Sly is AWESOME!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:26 AM »
Because we were replying to the guy who just asked about it. It's on the last page. It doesn't take that long to find.

Oh. I guess I'm getting hyper from all this rising that has taken place recently, and am just reading the last post and posting. Sorry.

BTW, "One Billion Rising" anyone?

"You are not in control!" "Everything is connected. Connection is power."

Trogdor the Burninator

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »
If Cole wasn't going to have some effect on the series, why not just make this a brand new IP? It already doesn't not partake in a lot of the trends that are characteristic to the series. There are seemingly no electricity powers, the city is given a real life name and not a fake one, the new character has seemingly no relation to any characters in the series. Unless they're sort of imagining this game to be like Bioshock: Infinite where the only similar characteristics are the gameplay and in that it continues the philosophy of engrossing superhero gameplay in a huge city then I bet Cole's going to show up or be mentioned at some point.
Just the guys that has way too much to say about EVERYTHING.

MichaelM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 11:53:47 AM »
If Cole wasn't going to have some effect on the series, why not just make this a brand new IP? It already doesn't not partake in a lot of the trends that are characteristic to the series. There are seemingly no electricity powers, the city is given a real life name and not a fake one, the new character has seemingly no relation to any characters in the series. Unless they're sort of imagining this game to be like Bioshock: Infinite where the only similar characteristics are the gameplay and in that it continues the philosophy of engrossing superhero gameplay in a huge city then I bet Cole's going to show up or be mentioned at some point.

The inFAMOUS universe holds so many interesting characters that we wanted to explore a new storyline and hero, while still staying rooted in the open world that the franchise is known for. Second Son is a brand new storyline, but does take place several years following the concluding events of inFAMOUS 2.

The core of that universe is rooted in the idea of an ordinary person getting super powers and deciding how to use them. That's the inFAMOUS universe that we're all so excited to share with you.

-MichaelM
QA Manager
Forum Moderator
Exclusive to the PlayStation 4
Sucker Punch

Bioman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
I agree with Michael. We've played Cole's story, it's time to experience a new origin story. Cole will always hold a special place in my heart, but I'm ready to become a whole new bad ass. 
"Everything is connected. Connection is Power"

Thief39

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
Me too. I like this new teen like character.

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »
Me too. I like this new teen like character.
24 years old isn't teen, he's probably like a few years younger than cole

teenbat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »
One final word on the lightning bolt, it wasn't to bring Cole back to life (obviously), but was doing the other thing, suggesting that there will be a game. Case closed.
PSN: KRAMMINATOR
Return of the beauty avatar. Current: Kristen Bell.

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »
One final word on the lightning bolt, it wasn't to bring Cole back to life (obviously), but was doing the other thing, suggesting that there will be a game. Case closed.
this!

Gstroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
So it pretty much seems like a sub series sort of deal... iF and iF 2, then iFSS, iFSS2, etc., then possibly a new series following a new character, with new powers.
Steam:Gstroyer of Worlds/Skype:gstroyer-of-worlds/PSN:GstroyerOfWorlds  If you're gonna add me, tell me who you are here. Don't be offended if I don't accept, I try and keep my friends lists small.

Capshot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
So it pretty much seems like a sub series sort of deal... iF and iF 2, then iFSS, iFSS2, etc., then possibly a new series following a new character, with new powers.
Pretty much, or at least that's the way I see it. They could choose to continue with these characters for as long as they want though. Who knows, they may even go back to Cole or Kessler at some point. Sucker Punch created an interesting universe, with a lot of cool ideas and stories to be had in it, so just about anything could be possible.

dudeman2000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
if he's not coming back, then why the hell did you put the lightning bolt at the end of if2 good ending?

Currently Playing: Infamous, Infamous 2

Thief39

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
if he's not coming back, then why the hell did you put the lightning bolt at the end of if2 good ending?

I they were going to bring him back but thought better of it and decided to go with Delsin (Spelling.)