Poll

Do you think any of our forum ideas for inFAMOUS 3 will appear in Second Son?

Yes
No
They better be, or else....

Author Topic: Second Son: Plot/Story Speculation (New poll!)  (Read 9499 times)

Bioman

• View Profile
Re: Second Son: Plot/Story Speculation (New poll!)
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
theres a shot of the base when it shows the checkpoint..it may be scaffolding
Yeah I think it is scaffolding.
"Everything is connected. Connection is Power"

teenbat

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »
Based on Micheal's comment about Delsin having so much more potential in his powers, leads me to believe there could be a huge plot twist at the end. You've mastered so much, including ice, water, earth, and smoke. You have become insanely powerful. But things have gotten out of hand. You feel the need to destroy everything...and everyone. The powers have consumed you. You travel throughout the country, killing all that get in your way. Until you reach a large city on the east coast. One man stands against you. A conduit like you've never seen. He tells his family, a wife and two daughters, to flee. Then he turns to face you as he buys them time. Suddenly a bolt of lightning erupts from the sky above you. A direct hit, but you don't feel much pain. He may be brave, but this conduit is no match. Instead of facing him, you turn into a stream of smoke and flames, rushing after his fleeing family. He comes after you, but it's too late. You rip them out of the car and kill them one by one. Then you lift the now empty vehicle and throw it at your little friend. He's unconscious now. But before you threw the car...you caught a single word escape his mouth. No, not a word. A name. Trish. Yes, that was it. No matter. The city has had enough, you soar into the air, and rocket off into the distance.

You just fleshed out darth's idea. Good job.
PSN: KRAMMINATOR

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »
Based on Micheal's comment about Delsin having so much more potential in his powers, leads me to believe there could be a huge plot twist at the end. You've mastered so much, including ice, water, earth, and smoke. You have become insanely powerful. But things have gotten out of hand. You feel the need to destroy everything...and everyone. The powers have consumed you. You travel throughout the country, killing all that get in your way. Until you reach a large city on the east coast. One man stands against you. A conduit like you've never seen. He tells his family, a wife and two daughters, to flee. Then he turns to face you as he buys them time. Suddenly a bolt of lightning erupts from the sky above you. A direct hit, but you don't feel much pain. He may be brave, but this conduit is no match. Instead of facing him, you turn into a stream of smoke and flames, rushing after his fleeing family. He comes after you, but it's too late. You rip them out of the car and kill them one by one. Then you lift the now empty vehicle and throw it at your little friend. He's unconscious now. But before you threw the car...you caught a single word escape his mouth. No, not a word. A name. Trish. Yes, that was it. No matter. The city has had enough, you soar into the air, and rocket off into the distance.
holy sh***

now that i think about it in the future kessler showed cole there werewrecked apcs and bodies trapped in ice &  fiery scenes...aside from that mastering water bs that just blew my f**** mind dude
The bearded bastard of forum PSN: ganesh_plays

Bioman

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »
But is this game not canon to the other two? In which case, Trish is dead... and possibly Cole. Cool idea though

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
But is this game not canon to the other two? In which case, Trish is dead... and possibly Cole. Cool idea though
i just though of something its seven years after the others :( ... and the beast spent years hunting kessler, hey that could be an interesting way to make a sequel :P

teenbat

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Yes, this game is canon.

(Just wondering, how do you guys pronounce "canon"? I've heard some people say "cannon", while I say "cay-nun".)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:14:59 PM by teenbat »

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »
i say it canon like the camera brand :P

Bioman

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
I say it canon like a canon ball

MichaelM

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
It's a game where people can shoot lightning from their hands, teleport, fly, make oil come out and grab you, use ice to make you float in the air, and jump off of high buildings and not only be completely fine, but completely destroy everything aound them. I think the RFI makes enough sense.

Ok... that made me laugh. Kudos.

-MichaelM
QA Manager
Forum Moderator
Exclusive to the PlayStation 4
Sucker Punch

GANESH5992

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »
I was thinking Time would correct itself...but now that I look back at it, there are holes. They can't be alive, it just isn't logical. Unless there's more timey wimey stuff. Or maybe...
(click to show/hide)
like 7 yrs after conduits began in kesslers timeline ??? maybe

Viggorrah

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »
Yes, this game is canon.

(Just wondering, how do you guys pronounce "canon"? I've heard some people say "cannon", while I say "cay-nun".)
I pronounce it "cannon".

teenbat

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »
Why am I the only one?!

organick

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »

teenbat

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
I don't think that the game takes place in any specific year. If inFAMOUS 2 took place in 2011, then so did inFamous. The 2013 in the trailer was just to make it seem like it was happening just then, similarly to in Eagle Eye how the dates on the security feeds were just a few weeks after the movie went to theaters.

Bioman

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
I don't think that the game takes place in any specific year. If inFAMOUS 2 took place in 2011, then so did inFamous. The 2013 in the trailer was just to make it seem like it was happening just then, similarly to in Eagle Eye how the dates on the security feeds were just a few weeks after the movie went to theaters.
I always saw it as inFAMOUS happened in 2009 and so did inFAMOUS 2. So iSS would take place in 2016. Or a better way to say it is inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS 2 happened in late 2000's and iSS in late 2010's. That way we don't need to debate specific years